Friday, January 4, 2013

Packing for my Cruise

In two days (on Jan. 6) I'll be setting sail with my mom on a 7-day cruise to the Caribbean. It is a graduation gift from her and I'm looking forward to some girl time. I started packing days ago and I wanted to share with you my progress. I still need to pack my everyday toiletry products, but otherwise I'm ready to go! Below are some photos of what I'm bringing with me. I'm trying to pack as light as possible. Thankfully beach clothes are lightweight :) This will be my last blog until I return from my trip, but I plan to post lots and lots of photos when I do get back.

 As you can see, most of my clothes fit in just 1/2 of my suitcase. I still have plenty of room for more toiletries and any purchases I make while on vacation. This is a medium-sized suitcase, about 24 inches tall. I'm packing two scarves. The top is a beautiful and large scarf with ocean colors (blue, green and white). I can use it over a plain tank or as a quick coverup for my swimsuit. Below is a black, sparkly scarf that will go perfectly with my nighttime dresses for fancy dinners on the boat.


You have no idea how difficult it was to pack only 3 pairs of shoes. I plan to wear the gold flip flops on the beach, the black, quilted heels for fancy dinners and the white sneakers for everyday sightseeing. The sneakers are from the brand Propet and they are VERY lightweight and offer a phenomenal amount of cushion. 


 I'm also taking a minimal amount of makeup. I'm taking some SPF 50 for my face, my mark. makeup brushes (along with some others thrown in), mark. Touch and Glow, Wet n' Wild I Heart Matte palette (it has both beachy and neutral shades), Benefit's Cha Cha tint (a nice coral tint for lips and cheeks), an assortment of nude and pink lipsticks and Covergirl Lashblast mascara.


Last, but not least, this tan crossbody bag will go with me everywhere. It's the perfect size and has slots for my ID and cash (no wallet to carry is a plus). And, of course, I can't forget my passport :)

See you all in a little over a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment